Customer Information for Direct Sheds Customers
Direct Sheds Customer Information
Please telephone our sales office on 01405 765400 for information regarding delivery or general enquiries.
Direct Sheds Customer Service helpdesk is available 9.00am – 4.00pm weekdays.
An estimated lead time will be given at the time of order. Once your goods are ready to dispatch we will call to arrange delivery, lead times may vary depending on how busy we are or factors beyond our control such as slow supply of timber.
Please view the Q&A’s below regarding delivery.
Q. How is the garden shed delivered?
A. The building will be delivered in paneled sections, the number and size of which are dependent on the type of building that has been purchased. Some of the longer panels will be delivered in two or more sections.
Q. Could I request a particular date for delivery?
A. We normally give an estimated lead time and contact you when your building is ready to be delivered.
Q. Do I need to be there?
A. Preferred yes, but a designated person can also represent you, providing we have been informed of this. A full name and telephone contact will also be required for both yourself and the individual who will represent you. We can also deliver without a signature if we have prior written consent by Email or Fax.
Q. Will the driver take the building through my property?
A. No. Unless you inform us in advance and then at our discretion.
Q. Will the driver need any help?
A. Usually there will be at least two delivery men so should not require any help. If the driver is on his own he may require a hand, we will inform you in advance.
Q. What size lorry will my building arrive on?
A. We operate 3.5t Flat Bed Trucks (Transit Size) and 7.5t flatbeds. We need to be informed of any access issues at the time of order so we can ensure your delivery will arrive without any problems. Items for delivery only will be to Roadside.
Q. How long will it take to erect my building?
A. Generally it takes around an hour for small to medium sized Sheds. Larger Sheds take around two hours with the Heavy Duty Workshops taking around three hours. Times and prices to erect are based on there being able to get unloaded at your property and the Shed Base being no more than 60 meters from the unloading point. If it takes longer to erect your building because of access issues or long carries then the additional time will be charged at an hourly rate. We will endeavor to get your build erected as quickly as possible. If you have parking or distance issues you should let us know in advance.
Q. Can the garden building be delivered at weekends?
A. Sometimes this may be possible.
Q. Can I order my delivery to a different name or address?
A. Yes you can we will need an invoice address for the payment taken and the full delivery address.
Q. I can only take delivery on a specific day and date.
A. We cannot guarantee specific dates.
Q. What if my base is not up to standard.
A. The suitability of your base will be decided by the shed erectors if we are erecting for you. If your base is not good enough you will be charged for the full delivery and erect, if we have to re-visit at another time you will be charged again for the full delivery and erect.
Q. What happens if my access isn’t good enough?
A. If we are erecting for you and your access isn’t good enough we will leave the building at roadside and you will be charged for the full delivery and erect. If we have to re-visit at another time you will be charged again for the full delivery and erect.
Please note that if delivery fails for any of the following reasons you will still be charged.
1. You are not home on arrival at the property unless by prior arrangement.
2. Any access issue that there may be to your property and/or street that has not been discussed with the delivery team.
3. You refuse the delivery on arrival due to minor or cosmetic damage.
4. If the building is too large/small for property - please check sizes before you buy.
5. If you decide to change your mind at point of delivery.
We will endeavour to respond to any customer complaint within 5 working days of the complaint being made. A mutually acceptable remedy and timescale will be agreed with the customer.
Telephone our sales office on 01405 765400 between 9.00am – 4.00pm weekdays. (Answer phone service at all other times).
Every effort is made to ensure that your order arrives in good condition. However, if you receive faulty or broken goods, you should contact the sales office on 01405 765400
Mistakes in bills
Any mistakes in bills, receipts or payments should be notified to the sales office on 01405 765400 who will correct the error within 30 days of agreeing to do so.
Customers can pay for their goods using MasterCard, Visa or Maestro (formerly Switch). Orders by post should be accompanied by a cheque or postal order for the full amount, including delivery. Customers paying by cheque should allow 10 days for the cheque to clear before delivery will be made.
All credit and debit card transactions with Shed Direct take place automatically over a secure server with information encrypted to ensure that your card details can not be seen by any third party, even ourselves.
Site security is regularly reviewed in conjunction with our site coordinator. Contact the Site Manager on 01405 765400 for information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your specific consent.
The type of information we will collect about you includes: -
credit/debit card details
We will not collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us. If you find any inaccuracies, we will correct or delete it promptly
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will always obtain your consent first.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
Selby YO8 6DJ.
Phone: 01405 765400
Delivery cost and the type of service we offer will depend on postcode and the size and weight of the item. In the case of long distances we may only be able to offer our deliver and erect service.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Your statutory rights are not affected by any of the following Terms and Conditions
All orders are accepted on the following terms and conditions of trading:
- Acceptance - No order shall be deemed accepted by us other than upon receipt of our official acknowledgement.
- Delivery - Time for delivery is given as accurately as possible but it is not guaranteed and is subject to extension to cover delay caused by strikes, lock-outs, works breakdowns, delay in transport, shortage of raw materials, government regulations or requirement or any cause whatsoever, whether or not similar to those above-mentioned beyond our control. Problems with the agreed delivery date will be advised to the customer immediately and a new delivery date agreed. A full refund will be offered to the customer if a new delivery date cannot be agreed.
- Prices - We reserve the right to increase prices regardless of any price list existing at a given time. Prices will only be accepted as being firm upon issue of an official receipt of order from the company (Direct Sheds (UK) Ltd).
- Description - All descriptions and particulars furnished in price literature and other documents issued by us are as accurate as possible but being given for general information are not to be treated as binding unless specifically confirmed in writing, any performance figures given by us are based upon our general experience are such as we expect to achieve. We will, however, accept no liability in those figures that are not obtained unless we specifically guarantee them in writing.
- Terms - From the absence of any other written agreement between the parties, payment is due before delivery of the goods.
- Payment - Pro-forma unless otherwise agreed by the company in writing and in general full payment is required on issue of pro-forma invoice prior to dispatch. Credit accounts payable net monthly and on the rendering of an invoice by the company for payment to them of the monies due and outstanding thereon then the interest will be due to the company (Direct Sheds (UK) Ltd) at the rate of 2% per month on any sums remaining outstanding after 28 days from the invoice date.
- Discount - No cash or other discount is allowable unless specifically stated in our acknowledgement.
- Cancellation - Cancellation of an order prior to delivery may be accepted and a full refund will be made to the customer within 7 days of order date. Cancellations should be advised to the sales office on 01405 765400.
- Claims - Non arrival of goods - Quote our order/invoice number - please contact our sales office on 01405 765400 if goods are not received within the agreed delivery timescale.
- Delivery Errors - Quote our order/invoice number - any claims for goods damaged in transit, short or wrongly delivered must be notified to our Sales Office on 01405 765400 on delivery.
- Passing of Property - It is the intention of the parties that the legal property in the goods the subject of the contract shall remain with the seller and shall not pass to the buyer until the full purchase price has been paid.
- - Where the buyer has committed an Act of Bankruptcy or where the buyer is a Limited Company, a receiving or winding up order has been made with the subject of that company, and the property in the goods the subject of the contract have not passed to the buyer but remains to the seller, the buyer shall within 21 days of such Act or Order give notice in writing of the same to the seller and shall afford the seller reasonable opportunity and access to repossess the said goods.
Interpretation - These terms shall be constructed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of English Courts.
We will except returns for faulty goods (other than minor or cosmetic damage) at the shipping expense of the customer. We will not accept returns for goods ordered incorrectly or items with bespoke elements.